To check out another position description, go back to the Opportunities page.
- Experience in event planning and event management
- Knowledge about Boston communities, organizations and neighborhoods
- Interest in gaining professional experience managing a team
- Passionate about community organizing, maternal health, and/or story slamming
The Slam Team Leader is responsible for managing a team of committee members and acting as a member of the Birth Story Slam Leadership Team. The Leadership Team and committees work together to coordinate and produce story slams.
Slam Team Responsibilities:
- Identify venue location, schedule and timeline of tasks for upcoming events
- Manage communication and act as a liaison between event host, venue and Birth Story Slam committees
- Provide technical assistance to volunteers, staff, host-site staff and audience members during event