To check out another position description, go back to the Opportunities page.
- Experience in advertising and public relations
- Interest in gaining professional experience managing a team
- Passionate about community organizing, maternal health, and/or story slamming
The Communications Team Leader is responsible for managing a team of committee members and acting as a member of the Birth Story Slam Leadership Team. The Leadership Team and committees work together to coordinate and produce story slams.
Communications Team Responsibilities:
- Connect the multiple stakeholders involved in the production and execution of story slams
- Coordinate the creation of public relations material [e.g. press releases, blog posting, web updates]
- Proofread and copy edit all materials prior to publication
- Implement both new and traditional media plans [social media, newspaper, radio]
For full PDF version click here.